Carer Group

The group meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 7:30 till 9:00pm at the
Friends Meeting House
50 Silverwell Street

For more information
Tel:01204 477221

Carers and Pensions

Department for work and pensionsIf the carer is receiving Carers Allowance, they will automatically receive National Insurance Contributions which helps protect entitlements to the state pension.

A carer who is not entitled to Carers Allowance can claim Home Responsibilities Protection (HRP) for further information contact the Pension Service 0845 60 60 265

For information about private or occupational pensions, people need to talk to their employer or pension provider.

Related links

The Pension Service

continue reading (Home Responsibilities Protection)

The Pensions Advisory Service (Home Responsibilities Protection (HRP)

Directgov (Carer's Allowance)

Directgov (Caring for someone)

Directgov (Disabled people)

Claiming Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit

Department for work and pensionsFrom the 30 November 2005 there will be a change in the way working age customers living in the Bolton Job centre Plus district claim benefit. From this date working age people will make their new or repeat claim for Job seeker's Allowance (JSA), Income Support (IS) or Incapacity Benefit (IB) by calling Jobcentre Plus and their claim details will be taken over the telephone. They will also make their claim for Housing benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit (HB/CTB) at the same time. This means that working age customers will no longer need to fill in a paper form to claim JSA, IS, IB, or HB/CTB.

Contact Jobcentre Plus by Telephone on 0845 600 8175 and Text phone service is available on 0845 600 8189

Related links

Jobcentre Plus (A to Z of Benefits and Allowances)

Jobcentre Plus (Carer's Allowance)

Directgov (Caring for someone)

Directgov (Disabled people)

Carers Direct web link |


Family Room Opening Day with Lofty the Lion.

Click on Loftys nose to view the galleryThe Family room

For families who wish to visit with there children there is a Family Room which is available - this is abacus children under the age of 16 are not allowed on the wards.

It is a room off the wards where children and young people up to the age of 18 can visit a patient off K1, K2, K3 and Maple House. The person you are visiting will need to be well enough to leave the ward unsupervised by staff so you can enjoy your visit. If you are under the age of 16 you will need to be accompanied by another adult.

Also if you are under the age of 18 and a patient on the ward you can use this room for when your family visit you.

What 's it like?

The family Room has been set up with the help of young people and families who have visited the wards. it is a safe, comfortable and private room for visits involving children.

Facilities in the room are,

Sitting area with TV
Dining area with a sink and dining table with high chair
Drawing and colouring materials
Books and games
Story sacks for children of all ages
CD and radio
Baby changing facilities

You can bring in food if you like to eat together during your stay. We only ask that you leave the room clean and tidy for the next visitors.

How can we use it?

The room can be booked through the ward staff. We recommend that you book in advance to ensure the room is free.

It is open between the hours 11:00 am and 8:00 pm every day

Bookings are taken for half hour slots to ensure as many fables as possible can use the room, but you can book more than one slot if you would like longer.